" Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding......Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge

of God" (proverbs 2:2,5)




Saturday, February 27, 2010

Am I speaking another language?

OK so my lovely cheyanne! I think that maybe it is not her. Maybe I am speaking another language when I am talking to her and telling her for the millionth time NOT to do something! She will stand right in front of me and do it over and over and over. I will say do not ask again or do not do that again......She always come back with a "but i was only"........ Or....."OK mom but can I" It drives me crazy.......It has to come to the point that I am about 2 inches from her nose and say in a very firm almost loud voice and say " CHEYANNE I SAID NO AND I MEAN NO!!!" or " CHEYANNE I SAID DO NOT DO THAT AGAIN!!!!" Even then as she is walking away she has something to say! So Maybe I am bi lingual (sp not sure) and I don't know it! I ask every once and a while to my husband "I did say that in English right? "He just laughs and says "yes".....but maybe he is lying!!!

On another note our preschooler was having trouble counting so i was working with her and she says to me ......." can I do it in Spanish?" I said " No silly English" To which she went on to try to count to 10 in English and was having a hard time. So just for giggles I said "okdo it in Spanish"
and SHE DID PERFECTLY!!!! All the way to 10!!! I didnt know if I shoud feel proud or bad because that must mean to much Dora!! LOL

So maybe I need to speak Spanish to Cheyanne to!!!! LOL

2 comments:

  1. my son does the same thing as cheyenne. i will tell him very clearly to stop doing something and he just looks at me and keeps doing it as if i said nothing at all. i have to either yell really loud and scare him or physically stop him from doing it. every once in a while counting works but i hate doing it cause it reminds me of my mother. lol. what i've started doing is "practicing" stopping when i say to stop. this seems to work a bit. after he doesn't listen to me i tell him we need to have a practice session since he seems to have trouble. then we play a game that involves stopping and going. just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally feel the same way - several times a day. One thing that does help sometimes.....is getting close to her, speaking quietly but firmly, and having her repeat what I just said to her. It is amazing- the first time I did this.....she just stared at me, but once she figured out I was not just going to talk at her- I wanted a response- she had to actually listen. Don't know if it will help, but worth a shot.

    He he he- don't stress if they can do it in Spanish I would feel proud, and say ok. I am a big one into not stressing over if they learn something by a certain time- that is what the world says. In reality all children learn at different rates and in different ways. :)

    ReplyDelete