" Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding......Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge

of God" (proverbs 2:2,5)




Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Giving me light on my path.................

SOOOOOOO..............I am sad I still have no followers! I don't know why that is so important to me, but it is! i think I am looking for someone to say they know what i am going through and that I am not going to lose my mind!! I guess I am going to have to lure people here!!!

Let me tell you about how you guys have inspired me! I have been reading your blogs now for a week or 2! And to be honest I WAS one of those people who never had time for God! I always had a good intention and was gonna start tomorrow! But I have to come to realize that tomorrow may be to late! We have 7 amazing kids that God has totally blessed us with and I am wasting time cleaning and doing everything else and NOT TEACHING THEM ABOUT HIM!! R U KIDDING ME WE ARE SO MISSING OUT!! and to remind you it is because of all of you! ( check my blog list to see) i feel like when I am reading your blogs i am peering in to a world closer to God and it makes me feel all warm and cozy on the inside!! I want to be apart of it!!

So tonight for the first time IN A LONG TIME we got out our family devotions and sat down with our children and had devotions! It made me cry! Nothing makes me feel more like a good mom then those times when I am teaching my kids about God!!! It is the best feeling in the world!! We live in a place where people think we are crazy for having 7 kids and no one invites our family to things because we have so many kids! But you know what i know god knows i need that connection with someone and he will give it to me i just have been looking in all the wrong places!!! well starting this Sunday we will be going to church! i know i will find people on the same mission i am on there and that is to give my kids the way of Jesus so i know they grow up with the right values and able to make the right decisions!!!

So thank you all for helping me to see what was missing in my life and showing me the way to get it on the right track!! i know it wont be easy but it will be soooooooo rewarding!!! i hope that i can become friends with many of you and not feel like i am spying!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome stsuff Angie! You can spy on me...that's why I don't have a live traffic feed or any other fancy gizmo on my blog...keeps me humble :)
    I highly doubt we are neighbors but I would be glad to hang out with you- 7 blessings in tow :)
    The moments go by so quickly...sometimes though, in the moments we feel they will never pass quickly enough!
    Keeping our eyes on the ETERNAL is the only way to stay focused on the now!
    Big hugs,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're very brave. Go girl! :) I always very deeply admire women who have a lot of kids. For a while now, I've wanted several, but life isn't lending itself to that right now. Anyway, I'm behind you and I look forward to your blog. :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am humbled that you would "spy" on me. WOW- I just love the fact that I found another friend who has 7!!!! I am excited that I have found your blog :) I pray that we can be in touch.

    Isn't it crazy that we live soo far apart, and yet in ways- feel so much alike at times.

    I am more than thrilled to hear that you are going to church. Although our church is not the greatest at encouragement....mostly because they look at our family and think- don't even know how to relate to you..... I know they do love us....just not how to show it. If that makes sense.

    I will be adding you to my blog roll....and ask anyone.....I love to follow my blog roll :) Hey, another crazy mommy who is like me!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say VERY COOL post. LOVE big families. :0) And trust me, more people are probably reading than you can even imagine. So glad I stumbled upon your blog! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for checking out my blog. i love to hear when others are fostering or adopting from foster care. i haven't been able to find many foster bloggers out there so it's always good to know one more. i'll add you to my blog roll too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog today. We also have seven, five through adoption, three adopted through the foster-to-adopt program and two from Ethiopia. I feel like I could have written exactly you words about six weeks ago. After that, we started going to church again (after about three years of not going because we couldn't find the "right" church -now I just want to go anywhere) and I have started making God the focus of our homeschooling and parenting again. It's a process...we're not where I'd like to be yet but I feel like we are moving in the right direction and that helps to encourage me to keep trying.

    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the kind words on my blog. I am incredibly humbled and blessed that it has inspired you in any way. Keep up the great work and may God just pour His abundant blessings on you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to meet you! So glad that we Momma's of big families can encourage each other as we seek out God's desires for our lives.

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want to encourage you in your newfound desire to seek the Lord and teach your kids about Him in all things. God is at work in your life and He will bless that. How exciting that He is opening your eyes and showing you true priorities in life! Hang in there. You are doing amazing things being the mama to 7!! BTW, I found you through Dawn's blog.

    ReplyDelete