" Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding......Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge

of God" (proverbs 2:2,5)




Monday, February 22, 2010

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh..................

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.............................deep breaths!! Lord please please please give me more patients!!!

I don't know if something is going around or what but man am i stressed!! As I type this 3 of my 7 children are grounded! And as i am typing they are still getting in trouble! I will give you the run down.............

Grounded child #1~ He would be grounded for lying......this is his 3rd week in a row! I have made him do every chore i can think of hoping that he will think man if this is what I have to do when I lie I will think twice.......but nope every week he gets almost to the end and lies again!! I don't know what to do that he will get it! I tell him that he has to ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS tell the truth NO MATTER WHAT!! and that lying will just get you into more trouble! It just don't sink in!!!

Grounded Child #2~ He is also grounded for lying and sneaking stuff! He is my diabetic child so it is highly important that he does not sneak food and drinks without asking!! Drives me crazy!! then he goes and drinks a gallon of water before bed and pees to bed!!! I have even set up a reward system for him when he does not do this stuff and it worked for about a week!

Grounded child #3~ He is grounded because he thinks he can talk to me like I am someone or something other then his mother or should I say yell and scream at me! He has huge anger issues and when he don't want to do something right then or is getting called out on something he just goes off!!!

OOO there's one more.....

Grounded child #4~ She is grounded because she lied, she tried to attack 2 of the other kids, she called my husband a stupid liar because she got caught lying, she was mad at me because i sat her in time out so she decided to poop her pants and had it everywhere including all over my floor......i am sorry to be graphic but maybe you guys got some advice that i haven't tried!!! None of the other kids want anything to do with her right now because she is so hateful to them! i have to admit i love her but I am not sure I like her right now either! Took her to counseling today and even the counselor was like o my! So what do you do?

I am trying to be as patient as I can with them and breath as deep as I can! some days I feel like my head is going to pop off!

Let me remind you these are children that have been abused more then your imagination can think of! It is a cycle with them they are really really good for a while and then they are really really bad for a while! I don't know if they realize that they are happy and then are worried that it wont last or if something triggers them.......

Any thoughts or advice would be great! PRAYERS WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

o yeah we went to church yesterday and it was awesome!!! I could stay there all the time! Lord fill my cup because I need it!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad church was wonderful!!!

    Oh yeah....those cycles- we have them too! Just the time you think you have it figured out. WHAM!

    Wish I was creative with discipline, but ??? Our kids live in the middle of no where and grounding doesn't really do anything. Ours are all so young - we just do time outs, natural punishments, no deserts, no movies, etc. kind of thing. That doesn't always work either!

    Praying for you!!!!! SOO hard sometimes!!!!

    ReplyDelete