" Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding......Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge

of God" (proverbs 2:2,5)




Saturday, February 20, 2010

Trying to deal...........

So today just hanging out with the kids and sled riding! Have some friends over to do this with! It got really cold last night so the snow has an almost icy top so you go really fast the kids tell me! I made a scallop potato casserole thing and put it in the crock pot to cook all day so I don't have to later! Smells sooooo good! Nothing like a nice hot meal after sledding!!

So last night I went to a friends and had a few glasses of wine and relaxed! We both had a very stressful week! I have been dealing with Cheyanne and her issues daily she has really been pushing me! It seems the harder I try with her the harder she fights me! We are on counselor #4 with her the last 3 told us there was nothing they could do to help her! I am anti medication at least as much as I can be and they just want to keep upping her meds. Which is fine if that is what it takes but I know that someone can help her more, I just have yet to find them! She is 11 years old and needs to learn coping skills to learn how to handle her self in the world! We are not always going to be able to fix things for her or tell her what she needs to be doing! I don't know......

Anyway.........it was nice to relax with a friend and vent about our week! I have to do this more!!! I will post later tonight............

2 comments:

  1. No sledding for us down south too far.....praying for her. I am mostly anti- meds too if at all possible. I know sometimes they are needed. Will pray for a great counselor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as another mom who has a daughter with "issues"--all I can say is keep giving it back to God so He can help you be the best mom for your daughter. He picked you to be her mom for a reason... hang in there!

    ReplyDelete